Contact: +91-9711224068
Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal

ISSN Print: 2349-6800 | ISSN Online: 2320-7078

Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies

updates
NAAS Rating: 5.53 NEW
2018, Vol. 6, Issue 3
Pesticide usage practice by IPM and NON-IPM farmers in pigeon pea from Vijayapura district of Karnataka, India

Ambana Gouda Durgad, SS Guledagudda, VR Kiresur and Kariyanna B

The pesticide application in pigeon pea crop against pest and disease was varied in related to actual use and recommended, the quantity of pesticide used was almost double than the recommended by both IPM and non-IPM farmers. Among the IPM farmers, majority of the farmers (97%) reported that pesticides use was adequate, followed by quality of pesticide (62%) and awareness about labels (92%) and expiry date (57%) and farmers bought from registered company (87%). Similarly, in case of non-IPM farmers, 98 percent were opined the adequacy of pesticides use, quality of pesticides (47%), bought from registered company (68%) and awareness about labels (73%) and its expiry date (38%). About 47 percent of the farmers used knapsack sprayer and remaining 53 percent of the farmers used power sprayers. With regard to mixing of the pesticides with water, majority of the farmers (54%) mixed the chemicals with pouring water and 42 percent of farmers have used wooden stick for mixing. Most of the farmers (72.5%) applied chemicals across the wind direction.
Pages : 95-98 | 398 Views | 21 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Ambana Gouda Durgad, SS Guledagudda, VR Kiresur and Kariyanna B. Pesticide usage practice by IPM and NON-IPM farmers in pigeon pea from Vijayapura district of Karnataka, India. Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies. 2018; 6(3): 95-98.
Call for book chapter
Journals List Click Here Research Journals Research Journals
Please use another browser.