Contact: +91-9711224068
Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal

ISSN Print: 2349-6800 | ISSN Online: 2320-7078

Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies

updates
NAAS Rating: 5.53 NEW
2017, Vol. 5, Issue 3
Prevalence of gastrointestinal parasite, Paramphistomum in domestic animals (Cows and Buffaloes) of district Swat and Charsadda, KP, Pakistan

Gul-E-Nayab, Ijaz Muhammad, Sadaf Niaz, Zeeshan Ali and Saghir Ahmad Kattak

An investigation was carried out to study the prevalence of Paramphistomum in doestic cattle’s. For this purpose samples were collected from slaughter houses, dairy forms and houses, from two districts (Swat and Charsadda) of KP Pakistan during month of November 2011 to April 2012. Infection rate was 15% in buffaloes and 10% in cows, in district Swat and 10.8% in buffaloes and 7.5% in Cows, in district Charsadda. Overall the highest month wise prevalence in cows 12.5% and in buffaloes 20% was recorded during March. It was also observed that the highest infection rate was recorded in male animals (10%) than female (7.2%) in case of cows and in case of buffaloes the prevalence rate in male was (17%) and in female (10%). Area wise prevalence indicate that infection in buffaloes and cows of district Swat was higher (15% and 10% respectively) than Charsadda (10.8% and 7.5% respectively).
Pages : 907-911 | 477 Views | 16 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Gul-E-Nayab, Ijaz Muhammad, Sadaf Niaz, Zeeshan Ali, Saghir Ahmad Kattak. Prevalence of gastrointestinal parasite, Paramphistomum in domestic animals (Cows and Buffaloes) of district Swat and Charsadda, KP, Pakistan. J Entomol Zool Stud 2017;5(3):907-911.
Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies
Please use another browser.