Contact: +91-9711224068
Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal

ISSN Print: 2349-6800 | ISSN Online: 2320-7078

Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies

updates
NAAS Rating: 5.53 NEW
2018, Vol. 6, Issue 2
Report on the checklist of butterfly species found at Nagarahole National Park, Karnataka, India

Basavarajappa S, Gopi Krishna V and S Santhosh

Field investigations were made to record the butterfly species during different seasons at Nagarahole National Park by following standard methods during 2014-2015. Altogether, 138 butterfly species were recorded from 94 genera which belong to five families viz., Hesperiidae, Lycaenidae, Nymphalidae, Papilionidae, Pieridae, whose density, abundance and seasonal distribution varied considerably at NNP. In general, Nymphalidae family members were high (47 species) compared to others. Interestingly, 113 butterfly species were present at all the places by constituting 81.9% and remaining 25 butterfly species (18.1%) were found only at certain places of NNP. A Junonia genus has highest species followed by Papilio and Eurema with five species each. Further, highest butterfly species were observed during the winter and rainy seasons compared to spring and summer. This has instigated to take up further studies amidst NNP for the restoration of butterfly species at their preferred natural habitats.
Pages : 1968-1975 | 355 Views | 22 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Basavarajappa S, Gopi Krishna V, S Santhosh. Report on the checklist of butterfly species found at Nagarahole National Park, Karnataka, India. J Entomol Zool Stud 2018;6(2):1968-1975.
Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies
Please use another browser.